Friday, February 10, 2006

I'm Not Ready!


I was watching Michelle Kwan on GMAC with Katie and I realized --- I'M NOT READY!!!! -- Not mentally, not physically, no siree bob, I'm going to walk out on the ice and trip over a teddy bear, I'm going to fly down that mountain, and smack into a tree (anyone see The Other Side of the Mountain???? You ladies may be feeding me through a straw by next week . . . and make sure there's alcohol in that mix). SIXTEEN DAYS DEVOTED TO ONE PROJECT IS TOO MUCH OF A COMMITMENT FOR ME! One? One? Monogamous knitting???? I can't do it!

And, I went looking for my size 9 double points to start my cast on, and I CAN'T FIND THEM. It's like leaving my skis at the airport, my skeleton at the gate. Breaking a lace on the ice after I've clubbed my competitor . . .

Does anyone have a paper bag I can breathe into???

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

You can do it Wendy! There is still time for an emergency Rosie's visit for dpns...don't panic yet! Go Wendy, go!

Just think, if you knit really, really fast you can cut the time on one project down to lett then 16 days! (OK, I'm not helping here, am I?)

7:05 AM  
Blogger Merrill Mason said...

You need dpns for the baby blanket?

Wendy, knowing you you'll finish the Olympian blanket in 3, maybe 4 days. So what will you work on then, huh? You're too fast for monogamy.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home