Saturday, February 11, 2006

Day One of Competition











Ok, today's not the 13th anniversary of my grandmother's death, and I didn't skate 5000 meters in the time it takes to pop a bag of low fat popcorn, but I think I had a good first day of Olympic competition.
In fact, the only thing that impeded my progress is that I ran out of yarn. I figured out last night, that I it was taking me about 2 hours per skein, and as of this morning, I had four skeins, 8 hours left. My knitting took place during The Ice Storm (going on outside the house, and the Ang Lee movie on HBO), one episode of General Hospital (Fri), the 6:00 news, and Hustle and Flow (much better than I ever expected!), so I think I upped my time by about 1.5 hours (I think because my caston last night took at least a half hour, because joining the first five stitches in the round on my tiny tiny double points was no joke, and serious business). I'm not sure where I want to go from here (well, accept to the finish line). I could pick another color (that last color, by the way, is purple, not blue), and do another "round," or I could bind off, pick up along the edge, and go around in maybe a garter border. I don't know. I'll figure that out tomorrow, because tomorrow is another day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry W said...

Wow, your going to be done in plently of time!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Merrill Mason said...

I thought the pattern had a lace edging?

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home